As of September 2021, the ice is in and and we are ready for another great season!
Physical Address: 2312 7th Street South, La Crosse 54601
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 2463 La Crosse, WI 54602-2463
Phone: Email Us Below:
Policy Updated: 9/29/2021
Green Island Ice Arena, managed by River City Youth Hockey — policies will be enforced for the safety of our players and to ensure the most successful season possible during the COVID-19 pandemic. All policies are subject to change should the severity of the COVID-19 pandemic change.
• All participants and guests entering the Green Island Ice Arena voluntarily enter the facility and assume the risks attributed to the COVID-19 virus present in the community.
• Face masks are recommended — especially for the non-vaccinated & children under the age of 12.
• Guests are asked to practice the CDC’s recommended social distancing guidelines, and maintain 6-feet between person-to-person.
• Practice good personal hygiene, wash & sanitize hands frequently. Hand sanitizer will be available by entrance(s).
• Stay home if you are sick or not feeling well. Get tested for COVID-19 if in doubt.
• Spectators are allowed for games and practices. Entry into the facility is limited to 10-minutes prior to the start of scheduled practice(s) or game(s). Patrons are asked to leave the facility shortly after their event. Enter the building through the main doors at the South end of the building. Exit, through the hallway doors. Sled Hockey only will enter/exit through the North door.
• Locker rooms will be used & assigned for practices and games. Benches and chairs in the hallways and open areas will be available for changing as well.
• Regular facility cleaning will be scheduled.
• User-groups (Youth Hockey, Adult Hockey, Curling, Sled Hockey & Figure Skating) may create and enforce their own specific COVID-19 policies for their events. User groups are to follow their own established COVID-19 mitigation plans for positive COIVD-19 cases.
• RCYH — Notify a positive COVID-19 case to the appropriate affected team’s Parent Rep. The Parent Reps will report positive COVID-19 case to RCYH leadership, and the COVID-19 mitigation plan will be followed.